Hiram House Social Settlement is a pioneer Cleveland, Ohio, social settlement founded in 1896 by a group of Hiram College students led by George Bellamy, who later became Commissioner of Recreation for the city of Cleveland. During the height of its growth the settlement offered a full range of social, educational and recreational activities, but since 1948 it has concentrated its resources on Hiram House Camp in the suburb of Chagrin Falls. Before 1948 its primary service area was centered in a neighborhood populated primarily by Jews, Italians and African Americans. The collection consists of approximately 4,000 black and white photographs and prints taken mainly by George A. Bellamy and his assistants. The collection includes scenes of the settlement house in Cleveland, Ohio, neighborhoods, activities both at the settlement house and at Hiram House Camp, and portraits of many of the staff members, supporters, and participants. The collection contains both mounted and unmounted photographs, as well as layout boards and paper negatives used in the preparation of various publications for Hiram House Camp.