The Joseph and Feiss Company was established in 1841, by Caufman Koch and Samuel Loeb, as a general store in Meadville, Pennsylvania. In 1845 they moved the store to Cleveland, Ohio, and began specializing in tailored men's clothing. The company underwent several name changes before becoming Joseph & Feiss in 1907. The collection consists of photographs of various operations, functions, facilities, events, and staff of the Joseph and Feiss Company of Cleveland, Ohio. Included are exterior and interior views of the factory; individual and group portraits of the founders of the company, other executives, and employees; views of employees at work and at various recreational activities; views of medical and sanitary facilities, the nursery, lunchrooms, and language and other classes for employees; views of machinery used in clothing manufacturing at the plant; and views of production and employees during World War II.