Edgar Decker was one of Cleveland, Ohio's, most prominent photographers. He opened a studio in 1859, and moved his business to Euclid Avenue in 1883. Decker photographed many of the business, political, and society elite of Cleveland over a 40 year period. He also photographed presidents of the United States, statesmen, soldiers, and other famous persons of the time. Decker was elected president of the National Photographic Association in 1887, and was also involved in Cleveland politics, serving on City Council from 1878-1882. His business was taken over by his protege, George Edmondson. The collection consists of one album containing photographs taken by Edgar Decker. The album came into the hands of George Edmundson when he purchased Decker's business. Photographs are primarily of Cleveland, Ohio's, business, political, and society elite. Photographs of many women are included.