Greater Cleveland Growth Association Records (MS3471)
About this collection
The Greater Cleveland Growth Association was founded in 1848 as the Board of Trade in Cleveland, Ohio. It was reorganized and renamed the Cleveland Chamber of Commerce in 1893. It merged with the Greater Cleveland Growth Board in 1968 to form the Greater Cleveland Growth Association. Its goals have always been to provide a forum for business leaders to discuss ideas and problems, to stimulate investments in the local economy, and to make Cleveland a better place to live and work. The organization was active in many areas of progressive reform in the early 1900s, including housing codes, bath houses, and the organization of charitable activities. The collection consists of charters of the Board of Trade, minutes and annual reports of the Board of Directors of the Chamber of Commerce, files of the Transportation and Industrial Relations departments, records of legislative and other committees, general office files, membership records, newspaper clippings and photographs.