Jump to navigation
Kirtland Pump Station bulkhead prior to construction
Cleveland Water Department
Kirtland Pump Station bulkhead, looking west toward downtown Cleveland from the Muni Light intake, before beginning construction work, July 15, 1930. Terminal Tower can be seen in the distance. The Kirtland Pump Station was located on Lakefront Road at E. 49th Street. The Station provided water from Lake Erie to the Baldwin Water Treatment Plant, located some 3 1/2 miles away in the Fairfax neighborhood.
7.25 x 9.25 in
Lake ErieWater treatmentPumping stations